Feature image photo credit: Allison Shelley for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action.
Education @USGBC is our simple-to-use platform for professional sustainability and green building education, with courses designed by the world’s leading educators. With more than 600 hours of content available, the platform has green building education for every industry sector.
For anyone interested in K–12 school green building education, we’ve made content easy to access by listing all school-related courses available on the platform below. Each course provides a fresh and exciting perspective on providing healthy and safe learning environments.
Subscribe to Education @USGBC to enjoy one year of unlimited access to the entire platform or purchase individual courses.
Education courses for K–12 schools
These courses are available within the Education @USGBC subscription or for individual purchase:
- Cultivating Young Minds: A Net Zero School for Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Making Healthy Places—Healthy Schools
- From ABCs to STEM—Biophilic Design in Schools
- Why Schools Are Embracing Net Zero Energy
- Biophilic Design for Schools
- Back to School: Design, Benefits and Costs of Greening the Classroom
- Case Study: Discovery Elementary
- Making Healthy Places: Designing and Building for Health, Well-being and Sustainability
- Resilience in Schools series
- Zero Waste Cafeteria series
- Case Study: Indoor Environmental Quality in Schools
- Net Zero Energy Schools: Predictions and Performance
- Green Existing Schools Training Webinars
Reports, toolkits and guides
A link to the free report is provided on each course page. These resources are available for continuing education hours in the Education @USGBC subscription or for individual purchase.
- State of Our Schools
- The Impact of School Buildings on Student Health and Performance: A Call for Research
- National Action Plan for Educating for Sustainability
- Perspectives on Implementation and Effectiveness of School Green Cleaning Laws
- State-level Legislation to Support Energy Efficiency: Dedicated Funding for Existing K–12 Schools
- Perspectives on State Legislation Concerning Lead Testing in School Drinking Water
- Powering Down: Behavior-Based Energy Conservation in K–12 Schools
- The Green Schools Investment Guide for Healthy, Efficient and Inspiring Learning Spaces
- The Whole School Sustainability Framework
- Sharing the Table: A Roadmap to Reducing and Recovering Surplus Food in Schools
- Greening Our Schools: A State Legislator's Guide to Best Policy Practices