The Building Learners program engages students in mapping the sustainability performance of their school building using real data, technology tools and support from a local green building professional. If this type of hands-on, STEM-based program sounds like a good fit with your classroom, apply by Nov. 10 to participate in the 2021 Building Learners cohort.
The new cohort implementation option provides extra support, features and benefits to participants.
- Extra support: Classes that participate in Building Learners attend a live, virtual training together, and have the opportunity to continue connecting throughout the year with members of the cohort, in professional learning communities and class exhibitions with students.
- Extra features: Cohort participants receive access to premium features in the Arc data platform, such as Arc Essentials and Arc Performance Certificates.
- Extra benefits: When you apply to participate in the cohort, you also can apply to receive a scholarship to offset the cost of participation.
If you anticipate being in your school building starting in January 2021, consider how this program can help use your school building as a laboratory for learning building science, sustainability, careers and data-driven action. Here’s how:
- Learn about the Building Learners program.
- Explore or teach one of the free lessons.
- Demo the Arc platform to visualize using it with students.
- Understand the resources and support available with the full Building Learners program.
Complete the Building Learners application, including the scholarship portion, by Nov. 10.