Green Classroom Professional Certificate Program
The Center for Green Schools at USGBC proudly presents the Green Classroom Professional (GCP) Certificate program. The GCP Certificate program provides pre K-12 educators and school staff with the knowledge to identify what supports or impedes healthy, resource efficient and environmentally sustainable learning spaces. The course and exam help participants recognize, adopt, and implement practices that keep teachers and students focused, alert and ready to learn.
How to Earn the Certificate
The Certificate is earned through a two-hour online course and a 30 question concluding exam, both accessible online from any computer. The course consists of twelve self-guided, interactive modules that allow the participant to enter and exit the program on their own schedule within a 60-day window. For more detailed information about the course and exam, please see the GCP Candidate Handbook.
After completing the course and exam, participants will be able to:
- Support the health of school occupants, including teachers, students and staff
- Provide the best physical environment possible for student academic performance
- Decrease absenteeism due to environmental factors
- Support environmentally responsible practices by saving energy, saving water and improving indoor environmental quality
- Foster an appreciation among future generations for environmentally sustainable practices
- Become part of the green schools and green building communities
- Apply for elective continuing education credits to maintain a teaching credential
For questions about or assistance with the Green Classroom Professional Certificate program, including for bulk or group purchasing, please write our staff at [email protected]
Thanks to the following organizations for endorsing the Green Classroom Professional Certificate: