Community Green partners with community colleges to prepare the next generation of sustainability leaders.
Community Green is offering all two-year institutions a free first year of USGBC membership, which provides resources, savings and direct support to help colleges transform their curriculum, campus and community.
Get involved with Community Green now to receive a free first year of USGBC membership.
Community College members benefit from:
Free access to:
- LEED 101: Green Building Basics and LEED online, self paced course
- LEED 201: Core Concepts and Strategies online, self-paced course
- Five in-depth LEED project case studies with a corresponding facilitation guide
- How to Document & Certify Projects: self-paced online course
- Paid from Savings Guide to Green Existing Buildings
Savings on educational materials, courses and exams
Resources and Support
- Green building curricular resources including a sample syllabus, slide deck, and classroom and review questions
- Prep materials for the LEED Green Associate exam, including a practice exam and Learn LEED: How-To Guide for Planning and Conducting Study Groups
- Direct local support to facilitate green building training and engagement opportunities for students/li>
- A Community college membership guide
- Support and grant opportunities to participate in the Green Apple Day of Service
- Promote affiliation with the use of USGBC member logo and certificate
- Access to USGBC.org as a community/connection/promotion tool with other colleges and corporate members
- Opportunities for students, faculty and staff to receive Greenbuild scholarships