For the past six years, the Center for Green Schools at USGBC has honored leading organizations, individuals and institutions through our annual Best of Green Schools Award. Since 2012, CFGS has presented this award to highlight national leaders and innovators in school sustainability. Honorees are announced and acknowledged during an award ceremony at the annual Green Schools Conference and Expo.
Past award categories have included: K–12 School, School System, Higher Education Institution, Policy Maker, Collaboration, Transformation, Student Leadership and Moment for the Movement.
Look for our call for nominations for 2018’s Best of Green Schools in early February, with the winners being announced in May 3-4 in Denver, Colorado, at the Green Schools Conference and Expo.
Read more about each year’s class of honorees:
- Best of Green Schools honorees cultivate environmental literacy through action (2017)
- USGBC and GSNN Announce the 2016 Best of Green Schools Honorees
- Leading the way: the 2014 Best of Green Schools honorees
- Center for Green Schools at USGBC Announces Best of Green Schools 2013 List
- Announcing the Best Of Green Schools 2012